Sometimes you might feel that the healthcare you are getting for your health problems is not good enough. 

If you are worried about your care or treatment the first thing you should do is talk to the people involved in your care. Like your doctors or health professionals.

What to do if you are not happy with your hospital care.

Health Boards are organisations that are responsible for all of the hospitals in Wales.


Groups of people who work together.

Every Health Board in Wales has a Patient Advice and Liaison Service. Sometimes this is called PALS. 

PALS gives advice and support to hospital staff and patients and their friends and families. PALS can help with any worries or questions you have about your care.  

You can write to PALS, or speak to them on the phone, or speak to someone in person. You will need to find out your Health Board first before you can find out how to speak to PALS.

You can find out the name of your Health Board on the Wales NHS website.

What to do if you are not happy with your GP or Doctor’s surgery

If you are not happy with the care you have had from your GP you should tell them first of all. If this does not solve your problem you can speak to your Health Board. 

Other things you can do if you are not happy with your care

In Wales the NHS has a service for complaints called ‘Putting Things Right’.

The government has written an easy read leaflet about ‘Putting Things Right’

If you want a friend or relative or another person who helps you to make a complaint about your care you will have to give them written permission to do this. 

Written permission

When you write a letter or email to someone to say that someone else is allowed to speak for you on your behalf.

There is an independent organisation in Wales called Llais that can help you with any complaints about your healthcare.

Llais have an easy read leaflet on their website about what they do.


means they are not managed or or controlled by health services.